[W]e live in a sexually liberal society, not a liberated one. A truly liberated society is one where sex is value-neutral and not having sex is just as acceptable as having a lot of it.
The fact that asexuals are considered weird, sick, abnormal, mentally ill, repressed, etc is a bold indicator that we are not living in a sexually liberated society but in a liberalized one.”
I’ve gotta say, I just really, really love the fact that it doesn’t even cross Tarkin’s mind that Leia might be lying to him when she says the rebel base is on Dantooine. It doesn’t even cross his mind that she has the courage—and the skill—to lie to his face, especially with Vader in the room with them.
But she does.
fave things about fic:
1) community production/distribution
2) shared vocabularies/tropes that exist outside of (and often at odds with in delightful ways) mainstream literary fiction
3) queer desire often foregrounded/easy to locate
4) ditto neuroatypical protagonists/themes
5) represents the most innovative use of electronic media for literary production/distribution. when ppl want to talk to me about how print culture is changing with the widespread use of computers and such, I feel like you can’t have that conversation without talking about fanfic.
Favorite character meme- Annie Edison +
G R E E N D A L E S E V E N Appreciation Week(s) | Day Three
↳ Brotp: Annie x Britta
annieedisons asked: britta perry or
I’m guessing if you cry about Fullmetal Alchemist you must really like it. PMS doesn’t take possession of your soul and remove your free will or the legitimacy of your feelings.
mariemalfoy asked: annie edison or
Alicia Menendez - The View
I’m at the car dealership, waiting for my service recall to be completed, and this statement caught the attention of every woman in the room. Unsurprisingly, they all nodded in assent while the few men in the room looked uncomfortable.
The point is valid: even if access to STEM and other male dominated fields is made available, we need to do something about the culture in the field. Access to a pipeline full of acid, while it is still access, serves to maintain inequality.
so my sister works in STEM & if you talked to her for like 5 minutes she can tell you how true this is. it’s fucking poisonous
fucking truer than anything. being a woman in a science field is toxic as hell.(via littlelansky)